What is an Email Trigger?
An “Email Trigger” is Vector’s term for a notification sent via email, that a user has uploaded a document. Our System gives Administrators the ability to set up customized email triggers - you can indicate who you want to receive the email notification, which document type you want to be attached in that email notification, and even specify the uploads from which driver or drivers this trigger applies to.
See steps below to learn how to set up an Email Trigger.
1. Log into the Web Portal to your Admin account. Navigate to the Account & Settings tab.
2. Select the “Email Triggers” heading under the TRIGGERS grouping.
3. This page shows all active Email Triggers under the fleet. To create a new trigger, click the CREATE TRIGGER button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
4. In the box that pops up, first indicate which Document Type you want the email trigger to be for. This will be the document type that is attached to each email notification.
Note: only one document type can be selected per email trigger. If you would like the same recipient to receive email notifications for more than just the selected document type, a separate email trigger will need to be created with that specification.
5. Next, type in the email(s) of the inbox you’d like to receive these email notifications. More than one email address can be added.
6. Furthermore, you have the ability to narrow down the criteria that trigger an email notification to be sent. Note: addition a condition is optional.
For example, if you wanted email notifications to be sent to the billing team anytime a POD is uploaded to the Vector system, BUT ONLY POD’s uploaded by drivers in the West division, conditionals are used to specify the West division logic.
7. After each condition is entered, be sure to click “Add Condition” before moving on to additional conditional rules or otherwise.
8. Lastly, name the email trigger you have set-up and provide a description of its purpose. Note that the description text will appear in each email’s body.
9. Make sure to hit SAVE after any changes have been made in order for the email notifications to be enabled going forward.